Sunday, January 15, 2012

In a Summer Kind of Mood

I'm sitting here on the couch while Daddy is taking a nap and Adia is watching Sprout and playing with her toys.  It looks nice and warm outside (since the sun is shining through my windows), but since it's only 28 degrees outside, I am just sitting here daydreaming about warmer weather.  I'm definitely enjoying the present, but I'm also looking forward to 75 degrees, sunshine, evening walks, park play dates, flip flops, grilling, and all things summer.  As I sit and daydream, I thought I'd share a yummy smoothie recipe that I love to have in the summer.  I'm also going to see if Adia will drink it this summer.  I think she will, but for kids who are a little pickier, one reviewer said to put green food coloring on the table to make kids think that you colored the smoothie green for fun.  :)  I got this recipe from www.allrecipes.com (one of the most frequented sites on my computer.)  It's very good and pretty healthy!


1 cut up banana
1 cup of grapes
6 oz. vanilla yogurt (or use plain and sweeten with agave nectar)
1/2 of an apple, cored, peeled, and chopped
1 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves

*serves 2 people

1.  Blend all ingredients in a blender.  Add ice or orange juice if you want the smoothie a little thinner.


I may start adding a few more of my favorite recipes to this blog, so come back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment