Sunday, July 18, 2010

18 weeks and a few days

I usually try to update the blog every Friday, but I was just too busy this weekend. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and it went great! The baby is growing very healthy and has a good heartbeat. We got to listen to that again, which is something I honestly think I could do for hours. I go in 1 week and 5 days to have my next ultrasound. This is the one where I will be finding out the gender. I am SOOOOO excited to know if it's a boy or a girl. Everyone seems to think it is a girl. Lately though, I have noticed that when everyone believes it's one gender, it is usually the other. But hey, who knows. I still have no preferencce on whether it is a boy or a girl. I just want a sweet, cute, and healthy little baby. That's all. :) This week, the baby is moving it's arms and legs and they are in proportion with the rest of the body. Neurons are connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. This means that the baby is dancing all over the place this week, which I feel the most in the mornings and in the evenings. I feel it some throughout the day, but it seems to be the most active early on and later on. This past week, I was able to feel the baby with my hand. I didn't expect that to happen yet, but I noticed that I could feel the little movements a little stronger than what I had been feeling previously. So, I put my hand on my lower belly and after a few minutes, I felt a little tap. This has happened several times since. Micah finally got to feel the little taps as well this week. He was so happy to finally feel the baby. The movements used to feel like a little popcorn or a butterfly in my belly. Now, they are feeling more like a little bird.... still not extremely strong, but stronger than before. Momma is feeling pretty good! I'm eating a lot more, and I have gained 3 pounds. I still don't weigh as much as I did before the pregnancy, but I'm starting to gain a little, which is a good thing at this point. I really think my belly is just in constant growth mode. I can't believe how big it's getting. I have a few maternity clothes now, and they are just so much more comfortable. My only real not so good symptoms lately have been my terrible allergies and nosebleeds. I was having nosebleeds every day. I would wake up at 2 AM to use the restroom, and by the time I'd walk back to my bed, I'd be having a nosebleed. I'd have to sit in bed tending to my nosebleed for 15 minutes or so, just waiting for it to stop. No fun. However, I bought a humidifier and that has really seemed to help. My allergies are still pretty bad, but the nosebleeds aren't nearly as frequent or as severe. I also occasionally get some pains on the sides of my lower belly, which I have heard are very common due to my ligaments stretching to accommodate my growing uterus. I still get a little dizzy at times, which I think usually happenns either when I get really hot, really hungry, or both. Below are some pictures that my dad took when we went home this past weekend. Enjoy!
Me, Micah, and growing fetus. :) My brother Josh, his pregnant wife Sarah who is due in October, me, and Micah.
Josh, Sarah, Mom, me, and Micah.
My little baby is the size of a large mango this week. He/She is about 6 inches long from head to butt, and weighs about a half of a pound. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the new Header picture. Beautiful! I think I have the same maternity shirt you're wearing in the post pictures. I love it! p.s. I think it's a boy, but who knows. Can't wait to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete