Friday, July 9, 2010

17 Weeks

I cannot believe I have completed 17 weeks of pregnancy... At first, I thought it was all going by so slow. As I learn about the baby's growth and development and I look down at MY growth and new developments I am just shocked at how quickly things are going. My baby is about 5 and 1/2 inches long from head to rump... so I imagine that if you stretched it's little baby legs out, it'd probably be around 7 or maybe more inches long??? I know the legs have grown a lot in the past couple of weeks, but I'm not sure how much. I put a boneless chicken breast on here because that is about how much this little guy or girl weighs this week. My uterus is now probably a bit larger than a cantaloupe at this point. I feel like mine is larger because my belly has grown so much. This baby is yawning, kicking, punching, rolling, and twisting around in there. The baby's nervous system is working hard now and forming more complex connections. The nerves in the brain are working on the baby's 5 senses. The baby also gets the hiccups now, althought I can't feel them yet. If this baby takes after it's mommy, then it will have LOTS of hiccups!
Speaking of Mommy... Mommy is doing great! I am now hungry. A LOT. I could just eat and eat and eat. I am not overeating though. I am working very hard to resist my cravings and eat pretty healthy. I honestly think I get more and more excited for this baby every day. We recently got a crib and a changing table. I go into that room just to look at the furniture and it makes me so excited to imagine my little baby resting in that crib. I cannot wait! Speaking of waiting, I find out in 3 weeks what I am having. 3 weeks sounds so soon, yet so long to wait! I am waiting though and I am not paying the extra money to find out sooner. I put a picture below that my dad took of me when he came last weekend. This was me at 16 weeks and a couple of days. I go back to the doctor a week from today for my 18 week check up. I go 2 weeks after that to find out what's cookin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment