Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mommy Life

Below are some pictures from where we visited family over Christmas. I put most of our Christmas pictures up on facebook already, so here are a few more. I haven't put most of these on facebook.
Wow. I cannot believe my baby will be a month old in less than a week! It is insane how time flies. When I look back over the past month, I cannot believe all of this joy, pain, excitement, confusion, and learning has occurred in so little time. I cannot describe how much I love my daughter. I look at her and am just simply overwhelmed with love. She is the sweetest, cutest, and most wonderful little thing I have ever experienced. Her little hands that hug me when I hold her, her cute little mouth that makes a thousand different little expressions every day, her soft little feet that she crosses like the little lady that she is, her big blue eyes that gaze so curiously around the room, and so on, and so on. She is also soooo cute when I wash her hair. She loves it. I could go on about how cute she is forever. To me, she is just perfect. I wish everyone in the world could see how incredible my husband is. I don't know what I'll do when he goes back to work. He is such a huge help and he absolutely adores her. It's the most attractive he's ever been to me. As for the pain, it's been a long journey, but it's gotten so much better. I'm not back to normal yet and I still have a touch of the UTI left, but it's all getting better and I am coping well. Breastfeeding is going great now and I can see little Adia's arms and legs getting chubbier by the day. Micah and I are trying to abide by the book Baby Wise. So far, it's going really well. She sleeps really well at night. I feed her once around 11:30 or so, then again around 3:30 or 4, then again around 8 in the morning. So far, she goes right to sleep after all of those feedings during the night. I'm curious to see how it will work for us as she gets a little older. Other young moms have also been extremely helpful to me. I love facebook because I can just message those young moms with questions I have and they all give such excellent advice. So thankful for them.
It's incredible how your life changes so quickly once you have a baby. Before the baby came, I was thinking so much more about myself. We all do. What am I going to do this weekend? What am I going to eat for dinner tonight? Should I pack my lunch for tomorrow? Immediately, my life changed. Now, I'm thinking about if Adia burped after her last feeding, or how many poo poo diapers has she had today? How many pee pee diapers has she had today? Does she have enough clean clothes? Do I need to suction any boogies out of her nose? Why is she crying? Is she hungry? Does she have a belly ache? Is it gas? How many naps has she had today? The list goes on! Having a baby is also so time consuming. My life revolves around her feeding schedule. We had our first real outting today with Adia. We went to the mall to exchange a couple of Christmas gifts for different sizes. We couldn't leave until I fed her, and then I knew she'd get hungry about 3 hours later, so timing is important right now. She did great at the mall. She pretty much just slept the entire time. We decided that she loves her car seat and her stroller. Riding in the car makes her fall asleep almost instantly and so does riding in her stroller.
I guess that is all for now. I'm going to go enjoy a hot bath and maybe a little bit of sleep before Adia's next feeding. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment