Friday, January 7, 2011

Growing Pains and Pleasures

Adia during her bath today. My little chubster. :)
I can't believe what a little chunk I have! She is getting so chunky. Her belly is huge. Changing her is more detailed than what you'd think since we have so many creases to clean. Her little thunder thighs are getting squishier by the day and she uses her poofy little cheeks as little pillows to rest on. Needless to say, she is absolutely adorable. I just love that little face.
Sleep was going great. Lately, that has not been the case. She's had a rough time going to bed for the past few nights, whereas used to, I could put her down while she was awake after her last feeding before bedtime and she'd eventually just quietly drift off to sleep for about 4-4.5 hours before her next feeding. I don't know why she has decided to start throwing a fit at that time instead and start waking up after only 2-2.5 hours. Even this morning, I thought she'd be exhausted since she didn't sleep as well last night. She stayed awake for hours... she spent a lot of that wake time being pretty fussy. When she finally took a decent nap, (for 50 minutes), this momma took a nap too. Last night, she'd lay there half asleep for 10 minutes, start screaming and crying for 15 minutes, half asleep for 10, screaming and crying for 20 minutes, half asleep for 15 minutes, and repeat, repeat, repeat until her next feeding. I eventually began crying too. I've been trying to get over a cold all week and I've been so tired. The lack of sleep and the sickness finally got to me and I just couldn't hold my tears back anymore at 2 AM. I feel like I am doing everything Baby Wise is telling me to do and like I am avoiding all of the things they tell you not to do as well, but this week, it's just not working well for us. Hopefully, this is just some sort of phase she is going through and she will adjust shortly. *Hopefully.*
The spit-up this child produces is just outrageous. I've never seen anything like it. I was concerned that maybe it was abnormal and that something was wrong. I will feed her, and then she will spit up soooo much at times that it looks as if she has thrown up her entire feeding. Today, she spit up after one of her afternoon feedings. I caught it in a burp cloth and it was actually a handfull of a puddle. If I would've tipped the cloth, it would've poured out. Afterward, she spit up 4 more times, covering her entire belly one of those times. I looked up some information on it on babycenter's site and places like that. They said that if she isn't crying when she spits up, if she's still gaining weight, if it's not an abnormal color, and if it's not projecting across the room every time, then not to worry. I also read something that said that babies with an actual medical problem will projectile spit up around 45-50 times per day. She isn't THAT frequent and it doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest when she does it, but I will say that I do at least a load of laundry daily. It's insane.
Despite the lack of sleep, the fussiness, the spit-up, the gas, and the enormous poopy diapers that occur once ever 2-3 days, I look at this girl and my heart just melts. We read our first book together today. It's a golden book that my Kindergarten teacher bought for Adia called "God is Good." It was a precious little book and Adia was so cute when I read it to her. She didn't look at the book once, but she starred at me the whole time as I read to her. It was precious. She didn't cry a bit and she just gazed up at me the entire time. It was so sweet.
Adia loves her bath. It is seriously so cute. I put her in her little whale bathtub today and she actually sighed as I set her in the warm water. It was the cutest little noise I have ever heard. Truly precious. She also enjoys having her hair washed... what girl doesn't?
I love watching Adia grow and seeing new little milestones occur. She is so much more alert now. I watch her as she looks all around the room and up at the ceiling and I can't help but wonder what she's thinking.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment