Sunday, March 20, 2011

Time for a Quick Update

My, how time flies! I can't believe that Adia is already 15 weeks old! I don't have much time to update, since I can hardly hold my eyes open and I have to get up for work in the morning, so we'll make this short and quick. Adia is a big girl. Everyone that sees her always comments on how "squishy" she is and they often think she is older than what she really is. However, because of her squishy cheeks, she still looks like such a baby, and I love it. She coos all the time now and loves to smile. She's getting stronger all the time too. She hasn't rolled over yet, but when she lies down, she arches her back and kind of turns to her side a little and then falls back on her back. She's such a wiggle worm too. We swaddle her up really good and tight, but she somehow shimmies her way down her crib and will sometimes turn herself completely sideways (not on her side, just 90 degrees from where we originaly layed her in her crib.) We never know where she'll be in her crib when we go to get her in the mornings. It's hilarious. She also greets me every morning with tons and tons of smiles. So sweet. I am pretty sure that I am in total awe of this baby. I love being a mommy more and more every single day. This is honestly the most incredible time of my life. I've tried giving her rice cereal on 3 separate occasions. It's always pretty hysterical. This last time, she did a little better with the spoon and with swallowing the cereal, although, she still needs some practice! I was going to wait to give it to her, but since the doctor said it may help with her reflux and that it'd be good for us to go ahead and try, I thougtht I'd go ahead and give it whirl. We just make about a teaspoon's worth for now and try to feed it to her during the evenings. I've had a lot of people ask me how I swaddle Adia. I get a lot of mixed responses about what I do, but I know that Adia likes it and it makes her feel secure and cozy. She has the startle reflex, so if her arms are not very secure, she wakes herself up every couple of hours (or less) by basically hitting herself in the face or another part of her body. The way I swaddle is very very similar to how the Miracle Blanket works. For those of you that are trying to find a way to contain your baby's arms or who are having trouble keeping your baby swaddled, here is a little video that may help. :)

We visited family this past weekend. We had a great time, but now, we are completely pooped! (Adia included!) So, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment