Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8 months, and then some :)

I can't believe my sweet girl is over 8 months old.  It's insane how fast it all goes by.  I look back at our lives with her and can't believe how much has changed in such a small amount of time.  Just 9 months ago, Adia was in my belly and coming close to making her grand entrance into the world.  Every milestone is so sweet and is so much fun.  I remember nursing her as a tiny tiny little thing.  I had to be so careful about how I held her and how I supported her.  Now, this girl is trying to crawl.  Her looks have also changed so much.  Every day, I see more and more of a little girl look instead of just a baby look.  I know she's still a baby, but I can start to imagine how she'll look as a little girl.  Part of that makes me excited to see her grow and part of it makes me sad that my baby is getting older every day.  All in all, I'm so happy to watch my baby discover new things every day.  Nothing is more precious.  :)

I said that 6 months was my favorite age, but I take that back.  Since then, every month is my favorite age!  8 months is so much fun.  Adia has been sitting on her own for a long time now and is starting to attempt the whole crawling thing.  Her problem is that she can't figure out how to pull with her arms...  She pushes instead and ends up going backwards, which frustrates the poor thing.  I don't think it will be long though before she gets the hang of it and is just all over the place.  I'd say that within the next few weeks, she will be crawling everywhere.  Adia has been eating finger foods a little more these days.  A few days ago, she gagged on one of her finger foods, but that was the first time she had done something like that in a long time.  She also had a bad cold and an ear infection at the time.  She is in the process of getting over a cold and her 2nd ear infection.  Today, she tried some of my macaroni and cheese and she LOVED it.  I just cut up the macaroni into very small pieces.  She took 1 bite and then immediately put her hand on my plate and tried to grab more.  She is a little piggy.

Adia still sleeps amazing at night.  She sleeps anywhere from 10-13 hours each night.  Lately, it's been more like 10.5-11.5 hours since we've been getting up so much earlier to get her to the sitter's before school.  Adia is in a great routine right now.  We don't have to be as strict on her eating times and nap times any more.  The reason is because she just follows these things on her own.  She always eats a full meal.  We feed her every 4-5 hours.  She still takes 4 bottles per day (and occasionally she will just take 3), and she eats solids 3 times each day.  For breakfast, she has a 6 ounce bottle, cereal, and a fruit, and she almost always gobbles it all down.  For lunch, she has a bottle and a veggie.  Her next bottle is just a bottle with no solids, and then about 2 hours later, she has dinner (a veggie and a fruit), and then another 6 ounce bottle right before bed.  This works out perfectly for us and it makes it so that she eats generally when we eat. 

My favorites:

1.  At night time, we pick out a book to read.  As soon as we open the book, she giggles and talks and kicks her feet.  Melt this teacher's heart!
2.  Her laughter.  She laughs ut us soooo easily now.  She bounces and gives big belly laughs - especially at her daddy.
3.  I love to hold her right after she gets out of her bath.  Her skin is so soft and she smells so good.  I love to snuggle her like that.
4.  Watching her play is so fun.  She loves her toys and she is so curious.  She talks to her toys and squeals when she plays.
5.  She takes her little fingers and flicks her lip while she hums.  I adore it.
6.  In the mornings, Adia is so happy to see us.  Walking into her room and seeing that little squishy smiley face looking up at you is priceless.
7.  Adia says "Da da."  Today, Micah was about to go to work.  He bent down and kissed her and said, "I love you."  She said, "Da da da da!"
8.  Adia LOVES to "talk."  She loves to sit at her high chair while we eat dinner and she just blabs and blabs and blabs.  It's so funny.
9.  We think that Adia is starting to wave at people.  Today, Micah was holding her and I waved and said, "Hi, Adia!"  She started waving and smiling back at me.  I'm not sure if it was intentional or on accident, but I like to think it was on purpose.  :)
10.  Adia loves to watch PBS Sprout.  It's amazing how she really watches the TV and often laughs or squeals at the shows.

I love being a mom.  It's the most natural, inspiring, and fun role I have ever had.  Thanks for reading!  More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment