Saturday, December 10, 2011

My, how a year flies by...

I am so in love.  So in love with a little 1 year old sweetie named Adia.  We celebrated her first birthday on the 4th.  It was wonderful and Adia loved her cake and her presents. 


Adia BethAge: 1

Health: Adia weighs 23 pounds and 4 ounces.  She's 30 inches tall.  Her percentiles are 80th %ile for weight, 78th %ile for height, and 86%ile for head size.  She's growing just fine and her proportions are perfect.  She is taking less and less bottles, but she is not completely rid of them yet.  She takes 1-3 bottles per day.  Each bottle is about 6 ounces and she's drinking whole milk now.  She loves to eat.  There are a few things she doesn't like, but not many.  She loves yogurt, grapes, bananas, grilled cheese, chicken, ravioli, Goldfish crackers, Teddy Grahams, green beans, macaroni and cheese, you name it.  She is still a great sleeper.  She sleeps around 11-13 hours each night and takes 1-2 naps each day.  Her naps range from 45 minutes to 2 and 1/2 hours.
 
Development: Adia started crawling about a day or so before she turned 11 months.  She is a very traditional crawler.  She pulls up to stand all the time and enjoys walking with the assistance of furniture.  She also loves to climb up our steps.  We put a gate up so that this preggo won't have to chase her up the steps too often.  :)  Adia can say baby, momma, da da, puppy, and "huah" for "hello." 

Favorite things/New things:
Everything.  I love watching Adia grow and discover new things.  One of my favorite things that Adia does is to grab her babydoll, hug her next to her face, and pat her on the bottom, while saying, "Baby baby baby."  She also gives her baby kisses.  When she gives her kisses, she puts her mouth on her face and says, "muah!"  It's probably the cutest thing in the world. 

Adia also loves to sing and dance.  She especially loves to sway her little hips back and forth and bounce her little hiny up and down. 

If I'm sitting on the floor and playing with her, she will often pull up on me (usually by my hair or with her face on my baby belly) and will crawl into my lap, put her head on my shoulder, pat me, and say, "Aww...."  She knows I think it's sweet and she does it repeatedly.  It's so funny. 

She has recently started clapping when she hears clapping on TV. 

I have a little video of her on my phone saying, "Pop" over and over again.  She loves to watch it.  She will see my phone and say, "Pop pop pop pop" until I find the video and play it for her.  When I play it, she just sits and watches with a little bashful grin on her face.  It's pretty precious.  Have I mentioned that she knows how to unlock my Iphone?  I don't think my grandmother has quite mastered how to do that yet.

Pregnancy
Week: 24/25

Symptoms: I feel pretty good.  I love feeling this little sweet girl move!  Did I mention that I'm in love with another little girl too?  This one is in my belly.  ;)  I can tell that she is getting so big.  The movements I feel are so crazy.  I do remember feeling Adia move quite a bit, but this girl moves even more.  The doctor had trouble keeping track of her heartbeat last week.  Everytime he'd find it, she'd move.  It was like she was mad at him for poking around on her house.  I love being pregnant.  I'm starting to feel a little more pressure, and I'm also going through some dizzy spells, but nothing is unbearable yet.  Just in the past couple of days, I've noticed that my rings and my shoes are getting a bit tighter.  I still haven't gained a lot of weight, even though my belly has really popped out. 

Baby's growth: Baby is about 9 inches long from head to rump and weighs around 2 pounds.  The baby's lungs are busy developing and growing and her nostrils are opening up, meaning that she is starting to take "practice breaths."  I can't wait to kiss that little nose with those tiny nostrils. :)

Thoughts/feelings: I'm enjoying life.  The Lord has really blessed me, my marriage, and our little family.  Over the past few months, I've learned so much more about my Savior and He is teaching me and preparing me for things ahead constantly.  It's funny how stressful, upsetting, or challenging situations come up and how I can look back over the past couple of months and realize, "God has been preparing me and coaching me for this very moment.  I'm so so so thankful that He has guided my path and is holding my hand through this."  Every challenge that I have had lately has only led me closer to Him and closer in fellowship with others.  My work load and my life has not let up at all, but I don't feel stressed.  I know He's got it and I know that He is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment