Friday, March 16, 2012

Soon and Very Soon

I had my last day at school yesterday before Isla comes.   It was such a bittersweet day.  I held back tears several times throughout the day....  Especially when some of my sweet little fourth graders began to cry in my class.  Watching the little boy (who I got onto 3 or 4 times this year for some pretty big attitude stuff) start to cry as he lined up to leave for my class was just heartbreaking.  I hugged him and he started crying harder and said, "You were one of my favorite teachers I ever had and I don't want you to leave."  :(  There were a few others that cried too and several who asked me if I could just bring the baby with me to school and come back.  I got lots of hugs, cards, letters, and so forth.  I am attached to the kids.  If you don't teach, you can kind of imagine what it'd be like, but if you are a teacher, then you probably completely understand what it's like to form such a bond and a relationship with these kids - even the ones that can be stinkers at times.  :)  I love the kids, and I really really really will miss them.

As for Isla, I'm not sure if this girl is going to come on her own or not.  I know she would eventually, but as of right now, she's not.  Due to her large size and my small frame, the doctor has decided that it would be best to induce me if she doesn't come by Monday.  They believe that she is about the same size that Adia was.  I had Adia 13 days early and she weighed 8 pounds and 4 ounces.  The doctor is afraid that if I go past 39 weeks, then they would have to do a c-section.  So, instead of taking that chance, I am going in on Monday night to start the whole process.  They will time it so that I should have her by Tuesday morning.  I'd really rather her come on her own, but I also really do not want to have a c-section.  So, I'm praying that she comes this weekend on her own.  :)  I'm 38 weeks and 3 days right now, so if she came on her own this weekend, she'd be considered full term and things would be just fine.  I also think it'd be fun to have a St. Patty's day baby!  We shall see, but either way, I'm so glad to know that by this time on Tuesday, my precious girl should be in my arms. 

Adia is so sweet and so good.  I'm praying for this baby to be as sweet as Adia is, although, I'm definitely not counting on it.  ;)  Right now, Adia is in her highchair as I type this.  She fed herself a bowl of yogurt and did such a great job eating off of her spoon on her own.  She also had a piece of banana bread and she's now eating a cup of diced peaches.  My girl loves to eat!  Adia is talking a little more these days, but not a lot more.  She says the following words pretty consistently: daddy, momma, baby, puppy, nana, no, juice, shoes, pink (sounds like peet), ball, boo (instead of "moo" for a cow), love you (sounds like "of ew"), thank you (taint too), please (peas), eyes, hi, and bye.  She can point to her head, shoulders, toes, eyes, nose, ears, belly, and when you ask her where her mouth is she just sticks out her tongue.  She also likes to point out these features on everyone else.  She is still a wonderful sleeper and a great eater.  We really lucked out with this girl!

Hopefully, the next time I do a blog post I will be writing about the birth of my littlest girl!  Wish me luck and pray for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment