Monday, April 9, 2012

The Fantastic 4!

Well, I said I would update the blog about a week ago...  Better late than never, right?  Here are a few pics and updates on the 4 of us for anyone who is curious about our lives since Isla has entered our family.

First of all, I am so overwhelmed with all of the love and support we've been given from friends and family.  We've had several people to offer to watch Adia, several who have come to visit, tons of facebook messages and comments, people bringing us food, and so forth.  Our family has been so wonderful about helping out with our sweet girls and helping out us sleepy parents!  I'm so thankful for people who have the gift of service.  We have been served by God's people and we will never forget what that has meant to us.

Isla is amazing.  :)  I cannot believe how much I love this little one.  For some reason, I always thought to myself, "Is it possible to love another baby as much as I love Adia?"  It turns out that I can and that I do.  Your love does not split - it swells.  Isla reminds me quite a bit of Adia actually as a newborn.  She resembles Adia some, and has a very sweet and pleasant demeanor like Adia had (and has.)  Isla nurses about every 3 hours or so during the day and as of lately, she nurses around every 4-5 hours during the night.  She sometimes has a hard time going to sleep at night when I first put her down, but once she does go to sleep, she sleeps well (as of right now.)  She is a major spitter - just like her sister was.  She spits up multiple times after every feeding, but she doesn't continue to spit up hours later like Adia did.  When she does spit up though, it is quite a large amount.  We easily go through a load of baby laundry every other day.  One of my favorite things Isla does so far is that she snorts like a little pig when she cries.  It's so incredibly cute and funny.  Isla is gaining weight like a champ.  They wanted her to be back to her birth weight at her 2 week appointment.  Her birth weight was 7 lb. 9 oz.  At that appointment, she weighed 8 lb. 5.5 oz.  They told me that my breast milk is "bionic."  Ha.  Isla has the cutest baby feet in the world.  She has a high arch in them, which is odd to me because most babies I've seen have very flat feet.  She has the sweetest little hands and precious little soft cheeks.  I adore her.

Adia is super sweet.  She's a great big sister.  She loves to give Isla kisses on the head.  She says, "Baby?"  (I put a ? mark there because it always sounds like she's asking a question,) and then she leans in wanting to kiss her.  My heart melts a bit each time.  Adia is talking up a storm these days.  I'm shocked at how much she has learned just in the past few weeks.  She knows so many more words now and can point out so many things.  In a book, it might show an apple, strawberries, a banana, leaves, stars, and so forth.  I can ask her where each of them are on the page and she correctly points at each object.  She will repeat almost anything I ask her to.  She also roars all the time.  Seriously.  She goes around the house and roars like a lion.  She also likes to say, "Go!" and then take off as fast as she can.  Lately, she loves to snuggle with me on the couch and watch tv, read a book, or look through the flashcards I downloaded for her on my phone.  I love every minute I get to spend with her.

Micah and I are doing really well.  We are tired, but we are making it!  He is a wonderful father and such a helpful husband.  I definitely hit the jackpot with him!

Below are some pics.  Below those are a recipe for you to try if you'd like.  It's probably one of the easiest recipes I've ever had the pleasure to indulge in.  Peace out.  :)

Our silly family.

Perfection.


My little sweet pea.

I don't know what it is about this picture, but I just adore it.

BUTTERFINGER PIE
My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me.  No, it is not healthy in the slightest.  That's why it tastes so good.

Ingredients:
6 Butterfinger candy bars (smashed)
16 oz. Cool Whip
8 oz. softened cream cheese
Graham cracker pie crust

Directions:
1.  Mix together 5 smashed Butterfingers, 16 oz. Cool Whip, and 8 oz. cream cheese.
2.  Pour mixture into pie crust.
3.  Sprinkle 1 smashed Butterfinger on top.
4.  Put pie in your belly.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment