Wednesday, May 2, 2012

6 weeks!

I had my 6 week checkup yesterday and everything went great.  I can't believe Isla is already 6 weeks old.  Where has the time gone?  I'm so thankful to be at home with both of my girls.  It's definitely busy, but I love it.  I really love to cook and I've been doing a lot of that lately.  When I was teaching, it was so hard to get out of school, get Adia picked up, and get dinner going in the evenings.  I was also just so worn out from teaching all day and all I wanted to do when I got home was to relax and play with my girl.  Now, I get to play with my girls all day (not much relaxing going on, but still...), and I have all day to prepare dinner.  Last night, I made meatballs.  They definitely had a kick to them, but they were really good.  Last week, I roasted a chicken and had mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing.  One night, I made biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs.  I've been making pot roasts, grilled chicken, turkey burgers, and all kinds of stuff.  I cook something almost every evening.  I made a wonderful pound cake last week.  It's so nice to have the house picked up and dinner ready when Micah gets home from work.  It makes me feel so good to be able to welcome him home like that. 

The evenings around here are pretty hectic.  It sounds silly, but it's not easy getting 2 girls fed, bathed, and ready for bed every night.  Micah and I are both super busy at bath time.  I feel like it is almost an assembly line we have going on.  However, once the girls have been bathed and Adia is in bed, Micah and I sit together on the couch and just spend time together.  Lately, we've been catching up on Downton Abbey.  I'm so glad that Micah actually likes the show!  It is soooo good!  We have almost finished season 2.  Speaking of Downton Abbey...  I knew something was wrong with me last night when I almost made this my facebook status: "Please pray for Downton.  Several of the people there have the Spanish flu."  Then, I realized that this is just a tv show and not real life...  Actually, it's not even in our current century.  When I start to get a little loopy like this, it often means I am getting a fever.  And oh man, did I ever.  I have mastitis again.  AGAIN.  I hate it.  It's an infection you can get from a clogged duct during breastfeeding.  You get this awful lump where the infection is and it turns bright red and hot.  You feel like you have the flu and your fever spikes extremely fast.  At 10 last night, I took my temp and it was 99.2.  I took it again at 10:15 and it was 100.8.  I took 3 Motrin, and an hour later, it was 101.5.  Fortunately, the highest it has gotten this time is a little over 102, but when I had mastitis when Adia was little, it got up to 104.2 and I had to go to the ER.  So, I was up most of the night.  Not due to a crying baby- Isla was wonderful.  It was just due to my fever.  I can't sleep when I'm so achy and extremely cold then extremely hot and so forth.  It's just awful.  Nursing hurts when you have mastitis and that's what you have to do...  nurse.  You have to take a strong antibiotic to rid the infection, then you have to keep nursing off that side to try to clear the clogged duct.  It's amazing what pain you will tolerate though for your baby. 

On another note- Adia has a double ear infection.  The good thing is that we caught it really early this time and the doctor said that it is mild.  She's still been pretty good and I'm just super glad that ear infections aren't contagious!  With the amount this girl has had, we'd all constantly have one.  I'm thinking tubes will be a likely possibility for her.  At the doctor today, Adia weighed 26 pounds.  I can't believe how big both of my girls are getting.  I will leave you with a couple of pics of my sweet Isla.  :)
Holy Chubbers!
I adore this sweet thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment