Thursday, December 13, 2012

Adia-isms

Well, I know I'm a little late, but my sweet Adia has recently turned 2.  I can't believe how quickly the time flies.  I know all of us moms say it over and over and over again, but it really is true.  The birthdays aren't the same as they were when you were little and growing up.  Oh no...  They take on a whole new meaning.  I'm realizing that my birthday wasn't just about me and my day.  It was so much more than that.  It was a day for my parents to remember and a day that their hearts swelled with thankfulness, joy, and humility over the fact that they were chosen to raise me.  At least that's how I feel now about daughters.  The night before Adia's actual birthday, I had a very difficult time sleeping.  All I did was think about the first time I saw the plus sign on the pregnancy test, the first time hearing that heartbeat, hearing, "It's a girl!", feeling her move inside of me, my water breaking, pushing for 2 hours, and finally holding that chubby little girl for the first time.  I thought about watching her grow, hearing the first laugh, the first, "Momma," and, "Dada," the first time she walked to me, and rocking her in my arms while listening to her little snoring in my neck.  It's been the best 2 years of my life.  I truly mean it.  The best.  I have 2 little girls to thank for that.  So here are some Adia-isms that I want to always remember and that are a million times more precious to a momma than to anyone else.

1.  Marshmallows are "Mars pillows."
2.  She often times calls her daddy by his first name.  "Daddy?  Daddy?  Daddy?"  (Micah is either not home or not close enough to hear her.) "Micah, where are you?  Micah, come here, right now!"
3.  Before she wants something, she often says, "I like a."  It goes like this, "I like a mars pillows, Mommy."
4.  She calls herself, "Adia Bess Wilcox," and Isla is, "Isla Face."  (Adia Beth and Isla Faith.)
5.  She is obsessed with Frosty the Snowman.  Her baby-sitter has Frosty stuff everywhere and Adia is in Frosty Heaven.  She turns the little button on daily on a Frosty playing a piano at the sitter's house.  She taps her foot and claps her hands and says, "Mommy, look a me!  I dancin!"  She also often times calls Frosty, "Snowman Frosty," and when she wants me to sing the song, she sometimes says, "Mommy, sing a Snowman Kissmas."
6.  When she doesn't want something, she says, "I don like a" before it. Even if she does like something but just doesn't want it at the time, she still says she doesn't like it. 
7.  Sharing is not one of her strengths. 
8.  Dora and Diego are her favorites to watch.  Yesterday, we were trying to reach something and I said, "We did it, Adia!"  She then said, "Lo hicimos!"  When she wants help with something, she will sometimes say, "Ayudame!"  It cracks us up when she does this.
9.  She tells me all the time, "I love you sooooo much."
10.  Adia loves to snuggle.  When she wants to be held, she says, "Mommy, I want to hold you just a little minute."
11.  It is Adia's goal everyday to make her little sister laugh.  They make each other laugh all the time.  In the bathtub last night, Adia kept splashing Isla.  Isla would make a loud grunting noise and splash back.  Adia laughed so hard, she cried and couldn't catch her breath.  This happens daily.
12.  Adia still loves her Snoopy.  It is her favorite.  It may look like it has been through the Holocaust, but that thing brings her so much comfort and peace.  (Thanks, Ann!!)
13.  Adia is very into "meek up" and loves to "brush a hair."  She will come up to us and ask, "Where's my meek up?  I like a meek up on my face!"
14.  Adia has made up a few of her own songs.  One of her favorites is, "Peanut butter applesauce" repeated over and over again.
15.  Drawing and coloring has become one of her favorite things to do.  She loves to request all of the colors she wants to use and she gets to work.  I've noticed that when I say, "Color the girl's hair," she will color in the correct place.  It's not anywhere close to staying inside the lines, but it's in the right area.
16.  She is still scared of everything.  Everything.  When something scares her now, she says, "That's scabby."  She saw a picture yesterday and said, "Mommy, that picture is scabby." "Scabby" apparently means the same thing as "scary."
17.  When she kisses us, she actually makes a kissing noise.  It is the most adorable sound and I adore it.
18.  "Clock" does not sound like "clock."  It is missing the "l."  "Fork" does not sound like "fork."  She replaces the "or" sound with an "uh" sound.  We tend to get a little embarrassed when we are in a restaurant and she says, "I need a fork."  You can imagine what this must sound like.
19.  If she tells us she wants something and we tell her no, she will often say, "But I NEED it."
20.  She wants to bring every toy she owns everywhere she goes.  She will try to walk down the stairs with her Snoopy, 2 baby dolls, her sippy cup, two books, and her play make up.  She gets mad when things begin to fall out of her hands.  When I make her leave certain items at the house, she cries and tells me she needs the toys that I am making her leave. 
21.  We've been trying to get her to eat healthier.  It goes well with certain foods and terribly with others.  She almost always tries everything, but there are certain things she just will not eat.  Tonight, she tried her pork, but would only eat 1 bite.  However, she will eat asparagus with a little ketchup and calls it, "My pickles."
22.  She almost always speaks in full sentences now.  We had her birthday party at her grandparents house. When we came back the next day she said, "Where did all of my presents go?"  I told her they were in the car.  She remembered that she got make up for her birthday and said, "What happened to my meek up?"  I told her that her daddy had put it in the car.  She walked up to him and said, "Daddy, can you go get my meek up, please?"


The joy she brings us is just immeasurable.  Yes, she has a temper and a mean look on her face when she is being shy, but she has no idea how much I love her.  She won't have any idea until she becomes a mom one day.  One day, I will give this to Adia.  I want her to know that no matter what life brings us and no matter how many arguments we have in the future, that my love for her is unconditional and I will always love her with everything in me.  So to Adia "Bess," I love you "soooooo much" and you will always have me.  I would die for you and I will spend the rest of my life loving you and your sister more than I ever thought possible.  My love for you grows every second.  Happy 2nd birthday, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment