I had to write these down because they were just too good to forget. Adia says so many off the wall or funny things each day that I seriously cannot keep track. Sometimes, I will think, "There's no way I could forget what she said just now," but inevitably, I do. So here are some of the latest:
1. We had a plumber working on our bathroom remodel. I told Adia that he was coming this morning and a few minutes later, she asked me if she could wear a princess dress. I didn't think anything of it since she pretty much lives in them every single day. About 20 minutes later, I saw her dancing in her dress and saying, "I'm wearing my dress for the boys!" I had no idea what "boys" she was talking about. After the plumber arrived, I spoke to him for a little bit and then she said to me, "You know that tool guy you just talkeded to? I fink he likes my dress. I fink he's handsome." I'm pretty sure she was wanting to wear a princess dress for the "boys" who were coming to remodel our bathroom. Pretty sure we are in big trouble...
2. As we were fixing her pony's hair, I asked her, "How do you want to fix your pony's hair?" She said, "Hmmm.... Are you finkin what I'm finkin?"
3. Hand gestures are a huuuuuge thing these days. She rarely talks without using her hands these days. It's pretty spectacular and grand to watch.
4. Micah and I kissed after dinner. She said, "Guys! You need to save that for your bed!"
5. She has a big obsession with the "Elsa braid" right now. Needless to say, I'm definitely improving in my French braiding capabilities.
6. Isla kept trying to get Adia to play Barbies. Adia is obsessed with books and was just sitting and "reading" to herself (not really wanting to be bothered.) Finally, she looked at Isla and said, "I can't play with that. I'm allergic to Barbie dolls."
7. After a pretty crazy day with Isla, I mumbled to myself, "She is killing me today." Adia apparently heard me because she said, "We are killin gyou today, Mommy? Oooooh, I just hate that for you."