Sunday, May 23, 2010

1/4 of the way down, 3/4 to go!

According to What to Expect When You Are Expecting, the little babe is about the size of a lime now from crown to rump. It is a little over 2 inches long from head to butt and only weighs about 1/3 of an ounce. I finished my 10th week of pregnancy on Friday and I am now in my 11th week. This week, the baby is growing fingernail and toenail beds along with hair follicles on the crown of it's head and on it's body. It can stretch it's whole body out now and does somersaults and all sorts of little dance moves. If it is a boy, testes develop this week and if it's a girl, it will develop ovaries this week. It's torso is lengthening and the baby becomes more and more baby looking every day. I am tired. My symptoms haven't changed since my last post except that they've been a bit more frequent. I've also been gagging a lot more at the smell of certain things.. I've learned that there is quite a list of foods that just gross me out these days and that I can't stomach, but there is also a little list of things that almost always sound good to me. Lately, I am really loving some ginger ale, cookies and cream icecream, and all kinds of fruits. The fruit thing is great, especially since it's getting to that time of year when fruit is really awesome. I also love dill pickles. Matter of fact, I think I want one right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment