Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Little Olive...

Today, I am officially 8 weeks and the little tuna is the size of a "ripe green olive," according to my Iphone app. This week, it is graduating from being an embryo to a fetus. I am such a proud mother! I need to get it a little cap and gown. :) It is about an inch long this week and it's head has straightened out and is more fully developed. The ears are more prominent and the liver, spleen, and gallbladder are forming. It's heart can supposedly be detected this week through a doppler device if the baby is turned just right. When I told Micah that it is the size of a green olive, his response was, "Well, I'll be glad to get through this week because I don't particularly like green olives." I love him. I am feeling ok. No barfing, no major drama. This week, I've noticed an increase in indigestion. That part is not fun. It hits me in the evening and lasts throughout the night. I am pretty nauseous in the evenings and during the night as well, but nothing severe. I'm still pretty tired in the evenings. I can easily go to sleep at 7:30 and be out the rest of the night. 7 more months to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment