Friday, September 3, 2010

15 more weeks to go... (Or hopefully, a little bit less!!)

This is about what my baby looks like at 25 weeks. You can click on the picture to make it bigger. She is about 13 and 1/2 inches long now and about 2 pounds. Her eyelids can open now and she is gaining between 4 and 6 ounces per week. She can hear AND respond to noises now, which is really cool. My uterus extends about 2 and 1/2 inches above my belly button, (which is becoming much flatter these days). In the past couple of weeks, I have begun to notice her little jabs and pokes in more areas of my belly. I was teaching today, and one of her kicks actually kind of hurt a little. She must have her daddy's soccer legs. :)
I can't believe it's been 25 weeks. It's been about 5 weeks since we found out this little one is a girl, about 10 weeks since I first started feeling those little tinsy tiny movements, about 11 weeks since I've had throw up sickness, about 13 weeks since I was beginning to look pregnant, about 21 weeks since we read the plus sign, and about 130 days or so since I have had a full night's sleep, (since I've slept without having to get up and pee during the night.) I may go a few years before I get a full night's sleep again! However, through all of these weeks, I still love being pregnant. Some parts are beginning to be a little uncomfortable and a little strange, but I am still absolutely loving it. I've noticed it's much harder for me to bend over now and for me to get up from a squatting position or from laying down. It helps to have something or someone to help pull me up. I also have to take deep breaths before I get up from laying down, or I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me. Everything in my belly is beginning to feel either squished or stretched. My belly feels so tight and itchy and like it is just about to bust open. I can't believe how stretchy our skin really is. I feel like my insides though are a bit cramped. I'm not having much pressure on my ribs or anything like that though since I am carrying her so low. My lower back also hurts pretty frequently. Yesterday, I was at school from around 7:15 AM until around 8:15 PM.... We had open house. I was on my feet almost the entire day. Last night was the first night that I had difficulty sleeping due to back pain. It was very hard to ever get comfortable. My body is changing in other ways too. Let's just say that my body is quickly getting ready to take care of a baby. :)
Come December, I am going to be so ready to see this little one's face. Today, I got out one of her books I have for her and I read it out loud. It made me so excited to get to do that when she is actually here. Being pregnant is so much fun because you have so much to look forward to. I have 2 showers that people are planning already, which is just so exciting. I can't believe how loving and generous people are. I am also excited to take her on walks in her stroller, rock with her in the glider, sing her songs, see Micah with her, see Blossom's reaction to her, and to see her sweet little baby smile. In the meantime, I have bought 2 pairs of slippers... One pair will stay at school for me to wear in my classroom, and the other pair will stay at home. These pregnancy feet were not made for walking like I do during the day!
Time to get ready for bed. Nice and long weekend ahead of me. Praise Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment