Sunday, September 26, 2010

On Third Base...

It's only going to get bigger... 28 weeks and 2 days. front view
I believe this is the outfit I came home in. My mom washed it and gave it to me so that Adia could wear it.
This is one of my frilly little outfits that my mom put me in. I think Mom wanted to put me on "Little House on the Prairie."
Another crazy outfit that my mom had me wear. Yes, the feet are bunnies.
I didn't post last week, but I am officially in my third trimester. I completed my 28th week on Friday, and I'm now in my 29th. I still love being pregnant and feeling her move around all the time in my belly. However, I am looking more forward to her being on the outside of my belly as every week passes. I am carrying her very low, which results in a lot of pressure, leaving me pretty uncomfortable at times. I can now add mid back pain to the lower back pain that I am also experiencing. I am also having problems with Restless Leg Syndrome. This makes it hard to relax when I try to lay down, since I constantly feel like I need to stretch and flex my legs. Within the past week or so, I am starting to get very very tired again, which is reminding me of exhaustion I felt during my first trimester. The belly is growing bigger by the day. My mid-section now measures a healthy 40 inches! Yikes! I can no longer see my body below my belly and bending over/squatting/getting up from sitting or laying/etc. has become a challenge. I painted my toenails last weekend and as I reached for each toe, I was so uncomfortable and felt like I had just done an aerobic exercise. So weird.
I absolutely love all of Adia's movements. She is so strong now! She weighs about 3 pounds and is around 16-17 inches from head to toe. She can blink her eyes (which now have eyelashes). She is getting fatter every week. I can't wait to see how big she is at the next ultrasound in the next month or so. I keep seeing all of these little babies and it just makes me so anxious to meet her. I want to know so badly what she looks like. Will she have brown eyes like her daddy, or blue eyes like her mommy? Will she have a head full of hair like me, or be a little baldy like Micah? Will she be a big baby, or a tiny little thing? No matter what she looks like, I know we will think she is just perfect. We had to go home this weekend for my great grandmother's funeral. I was sad that she passed, but at the same time, she lived such a long and full life and left such a sweet legacy. She lived 98 years and was more than ready to be with her loved ones in Heaven. I can't wait to tell my little girl about her and to share the stories with her that my mamaw shared with me. Here's to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment