Sunday, October 3, 2010

Over 29 weeks.

My, how we are growing!
This is what my baby should look like this week. She is growing so much. :)
We had pregnancy photos taken this past weekend by my dad's friend Matt Billips in Ashland, KY. He also did our wedding pictures. These were a few of my favorites that he shot of us.
So, this weekend was our first baby shower. It was wonderful! We received so many nice gifts for our little squirmy baby. She is going to be the best dressed person in this family. She now has a travel system, a swing, a bouncer, a diaper genie, a baby Einstein play thing, along with several other items such as clothes, blankets, hats, socks, fitted sheets, bath time items, and so on and so on and so on! Micah and I felt so blessed to receive such gifts and we can't wait to use so many of these things when Adia arrives. I will put some pictures from our shower on here after I get them from my dad.
I am loving this baby girl more and more every day. Her lungs and muscles are continuing to mature and her head is getting bigger to make room for that big brain of hers. She is extremely active. It's fun to watch my belly move so much. My Iphone app says she should be about 17 inches long and weigh about 3.1 pounds. I would love to know how much she ACTUALLY weighs right now. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday, so we will see what our progress is at that point. Our families seem to be very excited for this child. Micah's parents are so thrilled to have a grandbaby on the way. My parents are thrilled to be getting 2! My brother's wife could have their baby boy as early as this coming week! I am getting very anxious to meet little Sam also. Watching how fast Sarah's pregnancy is flying by makes me realize how soon Adia will be here too. Being a teacher does help the weeks to go by quicker. The week goes by soooo fast when you teach, which means each week of my pregnancy passes by as well. I think if I had a desk job where I sat all day and had time to think about this pregnancy and this baby, I would feel like everything is creeping by. However, I have a million different things going on in my mind at work that I don't have time to sit and think about how long pregnancy takes. I've heard the last month of pregnancy is the longest. I'm sure I'll be ready for her to come out the closer it gets. I just pray that I do not have her too far after my due date. I desperately want this year to be my baby's first Christmas. :)
Well, I am off to the store to get some grub. I will give another update after my doctor's visit! Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment