Friday, October 8, 2010

30 weeks.

I can't believe 30 weeks have passed by in this pregnancy. It seems like just yesterday when I got the plus sign. The first time I saw this girl on an ultrasound was a little over 20 weeks ago! Back then, she just looked like a little marshmallow cloud and we didn't know whether to expect a little girl or a little boy. So much has happened since then. :)
I had a doctor's visit on Wednesday, which went very well. I've gained 3 pounds in the past 4 weeks. I am finally 2 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. He said the baby is already head down and weighs somewhere between 3 and 4 pounds. Her heartbeat is still very healthy and the doctor says I am still having a "model pregnancy." He said that all of my side effects are completely normal and expected, especially since I am carrying her as low as I am.
We went to our first birthing class on Wednesday evening. I am glad we went. We got some free stuff, (mostly formula), and some very useful information. We practiced a few different positions for breathing through contractions. I like that all of the positions include Micah rubbing my back. :) She also showed us some diagrams and explained why we are feeling the way we feel being pregnant. She told us how to time contractions and how to know when to come to the hospital. We have 2 more classes to go to. During those, we will watch a live birth video, go to the maternity unit at the hospital, see where to go to check in, and visit a delivery room and a post-delivery room. We'll also discuss epidurals, c-sections, and all that stuff. It's hard to believe that we are far enough along in this pregnancy to be going to these classes and preparing for the birth.
I've been having more braxton hicks contractions lately and a few more aches and pains. I have been getting awful charlie horses at night, which make me waddle. I had a prenatal massage yesterday, which was amazing. I think she used a little too much pressure though, because I am a bit sore today where she rubbed. However, my charlie horses didn't bother me at all last night! Yay! Aaaaannnd I'm not waddling nearlyl as bad today. Micah and I are going to visit daycares here in a few minutes. There is just so much today and so little time. It's so hard to believe she could be here in 10 weeks or less! I am so blessed to be carrying this little girl. I love her more and more every second of the day. I can't wait to see her sweet face and to feel her little hands grasp around my finger. Oh, come on December!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you that in high school they made us watch that live birth video (I'm sure you watched it too) and I have several comments. A) I didn't actually watch it, I only listened because I knew I couldn't handle it. B) I still passed out from listening. C) Why do they only ever get the super hairy hippie couples to agree to those videos?

    ReplyDelete