Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Changes

Adia loves to sit in her bouncer and "talk" to her monkeys. She loves the little monkeys that dangle above her. She coos at them and waves her arms at them all the time. So cute.
Adia is beginning to smile at us when we talk to her now. It is so sweet and cute. She used to smile on accident, but she's starting to smile at us on purpose in response to us. It's precious.
Adia is much more alert these days. When she was a newborn, she pretty much slept all the time. Now, she is pretty alert for a good portion of the day. I love this because it gives us a chance to really interact with her and get to know her a little better. Adia loves her bath time! She takes a bath in her whale tub every night. We really love spending this time with her. She loves the warm water and loves getting her hair washed.
This was Adia at the doctor's office. This visit was for her frequent spit ups that I wrote about recently.
Ok, this is a picture of me that I took of myself 2 weeks after I had Adia. When I was 9 months pregnant (a.k.a. 9 months enormous), I thought it would take forever to lose the weight. I lost 20 pounds in 10 days. Now, I weigh 9 pounds less than what I did before I was pregnant. So for all of you pregnant mommies out there that are worried about your figure, you will not stay enormous forever! However, it does not look the same as it did before. I've lost all my pregnancy weight and then some, but it's not nearly as firm as it used to be. I am going to have to work on that part!
My alert baby.
little family photo
I can't believe how much my baby has changed. In just a few weeks time, Adia has become so much more alert and much more aware of us. If I walk across the room, she will watch me from one side to the other. When I hold her after I feed her, she stares at me and coos and smiles with me. I love that time with her. She's also much more stretched out now, which makes her look much bigger. She used to always have her little legs pulled up, making herself look like a little baby ball. Now, she stretches her arms and legs out all over the place. She's also changed some in looks. I used to think she looked like me, and I still think she has my mouth/face shape, but the older she gets, the more I think she looks like Micah. I've always said she has his expressions, but I think she has his brow as well. I think my husband is pretty cute, so all of this is ok with me. She's also getting fatter. Her little thighs are so chubby and her belly is so round. My dad is shocked at how much of a little butt she has! She already has dimples and her little butt is squishy and jiggles. I'm glad nobody writes a blog about my squishy butt, but since she's a baby, I guess it's ok!
Being a mommy is great. I can be so frustrated, and then she shows me that little smile, or she snuggles up into my chest, and it just changes everything. She is incredible.

1 comment: