Saturday, February 12, 2011

what a week.

Well, this has been a week of just crazy ups and downs. Which to discuss first... the ups, or the downs? I say let's start with the downs, and then end on a positive note, shall we? Daycare situation. Yikes. I looked for months for a good daycare and finally settled on the daycare down the road from where Micah works. It's pretty much in our neighborhood, and was affordable for around here, but still seemed very nice. We told them we would like for Adia to attend there. We told them that we weren't sure yet of her exact start date because of the snow days, but that we knew we wanted to start some time around mid February. They told us we could pay $50 to hold her spot and to just give them a call a few days before she was coming. So, we called them this past Wednesday to tell them she'd be starting this Monday. When Micah called, they told him that they had written down that she was to start on the 7th and when she didn't show, they gave away her spot. I don't know why the 7th was written down. I don't know if there was some kind of misunderstanding or if someone just wrote down a date, I have no idea. All I know is that it took me months to find a daycare, and I had to find some place different, good, and affordable in 2 days. My mother-in-law was here that night and we were supposed to celebrate Micah's birthday. I had made a big dinner and a cake and everything. We didn't celebrate. We cried instead. I cried hysterically for hours. Not only was I in this daycare situation, but I was also going back to work the very next day and leaving my baby for the first time. It was a bad night. An awful night. I cried all night long and all morning long before I left for work the next day. Down #2: Leaving Adia. Oh. My. Gosh. Nobody could have prepared me for this. Leaving her was honestly probably one of the very hardest things I have ever ever done. I just held her and cried before I left. I felt like someone was seriously ripping my heart out. I cried the entire way to work. I felt guilty, sad, angry, frustrated, emotional, you name it. I have been with her everyday for the last 9.5 weeks. I nursed her, rocked her, held her, kissed her, changed her, sang to her, bathed her, talked to her, all day long. I can't do that all day any more. Leaving her was awful. I will never forget that day. Now, for the ups! Finally!!! First of all, my baby is amazing. No offense to all of you other moms out there, but I'm pretty sure I have the best baby in the world. She has been sleeping through the night consistently now for the past 3 weeks, (with the exception of maybe 1 night). Last night, she slept for a consecutive 9 and 1/2 hours. It was awesome. She is also just so talkative! After most of her feedings, she enjoys just looking at us and smiling while she coos away. It is so precious. She still loves her monkeys, which I think is so cute. I am so thankful for this sweet girl. There is nothing like being a mommy. I really feel like I have fulfilled some sort of purpose. Her mimi and I went to the mall today. Mimi bought her a couple of pairs of skinny jeans, some tops, an Easter dress, and a bow to match. I bought her some other little bows too. I can't wait to get pictures of her in her Easter dress. I love it! Another BIG up is the daycare situation! Praise God! We found a sitter! She lives 2 or 3 minutes away from the school where I work and the daughter of a lady I work with goes to "Nanna Pammy" also. :) I think it will be a perfect fit for us. Right now, she watches a 6 month old, a 1 year old, and a 3 year old. It actually turned out to be cheaper and more convenient. The sitter's house was spotless, no smoking, no pets, Christian home, she has 30 years of experience, is probably around my parents age, and has a very grandmotherly quality to her. I feel secure leaving my baby with her. I'm sure Adia would've been fine in the daycare we had planned on having her go to, but I think this works out even better for us. Everything happens for a reason, and God can do anything in a pinch. I am so thankful. School has been good. The kids were very excited to see me and they had great behavior. I received several cards, pictures, hugs, candies, questions, and compliments. My favorite questions: "did baby Sam have his sergy?" (that's really how it was written), "Did you find Jenny Craig?", "What words does your baby say now?", "Does she bite?", "How did you get so skinny?" I was the popular girl in school according to the 4th graders on Thursday. :) The good thing about teaching is that the days go by quick. I'm constantly busy, so I can't just sit around all day and think about how I miss Adia so much. My work is constant and it keeps me very occupied. Due to the fast pace, it also helps the weeks go by quicker. Before I know it, spring break will be here, and then summer. I already can't wait! Adia is taking a nap right now while Micah and I are about to start "Saving Private Ryan." I know it's crazy, but I've actually never seen it! Yay for movies and Lisa's leftover baked spaghetti!

1 comment:

  1. so glad to read this!!!! so happy for you, Micah and Adia!

    ReplyDelete