Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4 month check-up

Adia had her 4 month check-up today. She was 25.5 inches long (86th %ile), 14 pound 9 ounces (66th %ile), and her head circumference was 41.5 cm (61st %ile). In other words, she's perfect! I can't believe how big she is getting. It makes me a little sad to watch her change so much so quickly. The doctor said that babies don't usually look to their parents for affirmation until they are about 7 months old. However, he said that Adia is already doing that at 4 months, which he says is very rare for her age. He noticed that when he was checking her out, she kept turning her head to look at me and would then look back at him. She would occasionally turn her head to look at me, see me smile, and then she'd smile at me, and turn back to him with a very serious face. He said that what she is doing is recognizing that he is a stranger. She then looks at me to make sure that I'm not uncomfortable. He said that if I were to show signs of discomfort, that she would likely cry when being checked out by him. He said this usually doesn't happen until around 7 months and was shocked that she was doing this at such a young age. What can I say... she's just so advanced. :) She has 1 little tiny dry patch of skin on her back. It looks like a little rash. I showed this to him and he said that she does have a little eczema. He said to just keep using moisturizer on it and to use hydrocortizone on it if it doesn't go away in about a week. He said to start her on rice cereal now and to start introducing yellow/orange vegetables to her once she is doing well with taking the rice cereal. After that, we can give her green vegetables, then fruits. I can't believe how quick she is growing! Just recently, I've started having to give Adia a little bit of formula each day. Since I am mostly relying on a pump for my supply, I am not always producing enough to satisfy her. We are fine in the mornings, but her afternoon feed and early evening feed leave her unsatisfied. She will take a small bottle of formula after I nurse her at those times. I'm hoping that she will help build my supply back up this summer. She's been sleeping pretty well. The past 2 nights, she has awakened at 2 AM, but I've just been letting her cry it out and she eventually goes back to sleep. For 8 nights prior to this though, she has slept 10-12 hours straight each night. It's been wonderful! It was nice to have Spring Break with my little girl, but I would also love a date with my husband. We planned on going on a date on Thursday and we took her to the sitter for the day. Unfortunately, a pipe burst at our house and flooded the bottom floor. We spent the day ripping up carpets, sucking out the water with a carpet cleaner, and airing out our padding and carpets. Needless to say, we never got our date. It's been 12 weeks since we went on a date. Our families live about 2 hours away, which is close enough that if we ever need them, they are there, but it's still far enough away that we can't just call them to come and watch her when we need to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Well, my little sweetie is waking up from her nap and I've gotta start working on dinner. Oh, I made a shutterfly account with pictures of the babe. To look through them, click here: http://adiabeth.shutterfly.com. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment