Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9 months for the Big Baby and 11 Weeks for the Little Squirt

Well, it's actually a very dreary, chilly, and rainy day today.  I've made a big pot of cheesy potato soup and I am sitting on the couch, updating my blog while Adia finishes her nap.  So here goes.

Adia BethAge: 9 months

Health: Adia weighs 20 pounds 9.5 ounces (80th %ile), is 29 3/4 inches tall (97th %ile), and her head size is in the 75th %ile.  In other words, we have a big growing girl on our hands!  She is sooooo tall!  The doctor said her proportions are perfect and that she is not too fat and "definitely isn't too skinny."  Needless to say, I love every inch and pound of her!  She is getting over her third ear infection and she is still battling a bit of a cold, but it seems to be getting much better.  She's still sleeping and eating great.  We've recently been giving her more table food.  She loves it.  She's had Cheerios, Corn Pops, chicken, bananas, Gerber Puffs, noodles, cantaloupe, and a few other things I'm sure that I'm forgetting.  I need to start giving her a sippy cup more often so that she can get used to using one of those instead of a bottle by the time she's 12 months.  She had the first half of her flu shot today.  She was not a fan of the shot, but I know I'd rather her endure the pain of the shots instead of enduring the flu.

Development: Adia is a blabber mouth.  She loves to talk.  Just recently, she started saying, "Mmma Ma."  The first time I heard it, I think my heart just melted.  I was so excited to hear her say it.  She's been saying, "Da Da" for a long time now, so I was ready for hearing her call for me.  :)  She's still only crawling backwards.  She still waves and claps as well.  She can hold onto objects and stand, but she still doesn't try to pull up yet.  She's honestly a very content baby.  She is happy just sitting and playing. 

Favorite things/New things: Adia gets a lot of attention these days due to her wacky hair.  Her hair is almost always sticking straight up.  It's starting to fill in a little more underneath as well.  I am really enjoying watching Adia play with Blossom.  They are so funny together.  Blossom brings Adia her toys.  Adia tries to "pet" Blossom and pull her tail.  Blossom is a good sport.

Pregnancy
Week: 11

Symptoms: Most of the time, I'm doing pretty good.  When I get really hungry, I tend to get a bit nauseous.  This especially happens if I wake up in the middle of the night.  I haven't been getting a good amount of sleep due to this.  I've noticed that my amount of energy has dropped tremendously and I really feel it at work.  It takes a lot for me to get up and teach my class with the energy and enthusiasm I know I need.  All in all though, I'm doing pretty good and feeling pretty normal.


Baby's growth: About the size of a lime, or 2 inches.  Most of the baby's systems are fully formed now and will continue to grow and develop over the next 27-29 weeks. 

Thoughts/feelings: Each week brings more excitement.  When I first found out about this little one, I was completely nervous and scared, but I can honestly say that I am truly just excited to see this little baby brother or sister for Adia.  I am still thinking it's a boy.  Last night, I had a dream that I went into labor.  I drove myself to the hospital (Micah was at work and Adia was at the sitter's.)  When I got there, they put me in a room and told me that there wasn't a doctor available yet and that the nurse would be in soon.  Before she got a chance to come in, I was delivering my own baby.  It didn't hurt at all in my dream, (which is one reason I knew I was clearly dreaming when I woke up), and I walked out into the hallway with a perfectly clean baby boy in my hands who looked like he was about 2 months old and I said to the person at the desk, "Will you tell that nurse that I just went ahead and had the baby?  Thanks." I had class that night, so I put the baby in the nursery and headed to my class in Georgetown!!  When I got there, I was in so much pain and I was losing a lot of blood.  I asked the professor if I could leave and she told me that I couldn't.  I explained that I had just delivered my own baby and that my baby needed me, but she said that I would just have to wait 3 more hours for the class to end.  That's when I woke up.  I can assure you that this was a dream and that this is not how things would EVER happen in real life!  I want to know what this little baby looks like.  I am praying that this baby is as good as Adia.  She is the best baby in the world.  She's so content, eats great, and sleeps great, plus, she's the most adorable girl ever.  This baby has a lot to live up to!  I'm excited about the pregnancy in general too.  I can't wait to hit that 5 month mark.  I want to find out the gender, feel the baby kicking, and have that cute and obvious pregnant belly.  It's right at the point where you feel pregnant in the best way.  The nausea is gone, and you are not too big to be miserable yet.  So excited for that.

Well, Micah is home, which means it's time for some family time, soup, and snuggling on the couch.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment