Monday, February 20, 2012

Nesting Much??

Wow.  I cannot believe how much stuff we've accomplished this weekend.  I'm going to rewind to Thursday.  Early early early on Thursday morning, I woke up with a stomach virus.  Never threw up or had a fever, just several trips to the restroom.  It was around that time when I heard Adia coughing up a storm on the baby monitor.  She was coughing so hard that she was gagging.  I went up to her room in between potty visits and gave her some Tylenol.  Unfortunately, we had misplaced the thermometer, so 1/2 an hour later, I took her temp.  101.9.  Since I was sick with the stomach bug and she was sick with whatever, I decided to stay home on Thursday to hopefully get myself better and take Adia to the doctor.  (By the way, taking a sick 1 year old to the doctor by yourself when you are almost 9 months pregnant with a stomach virus is not the most fun way to spend an afternoon.)  She had a nasty double ear infection, bronchitis, and a cold.  Yuck.  By late afternoon, my stomach was much better, but Adia was getting worse and worse.  So pitiful.  Micah stayed home with her on Friday.  He is such a great husband and father.  He not only cared for Adia well, but he cleaned the entire house...  vacuuming, doing all of our laundry, everything.  Love him.

Friday evening, my parents came to visit and to help us get some things ready for Isla.  On Saturday, my mom and I washed and folded all the little newborn and 0-3 month clothes, blankets, burp cloths, bibs, swaddlers, crib sheets, etc.  Micah put together the pack 'n play and rearranged our bedroom so that we could fit some baby stuff in there since she'll be in our room with us for the first few months.  That evening, we went and heard Micah sing at church.  He sang, "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real and did a fantastic job.  I love hearing my husband sing.  :)

On Sunday, my nesting mode TRULY kicked in.  I packed my hospital bag, Isla's diaper bag, reorganized the girls' chest of drawers and put Isla's clothes in it, cleaned out my closet and all of my drawers and wound up with an enormous bag of clothes and purses to take to Goodwill.  I also got all of my pumping stuff together and organized, and organized all of Isla's stuff that she will need once she arrives.  Micah dusted the girls' room and our room.  I made a grocery list of things we'd need for the meals I planned on making and freezing for when Isla gets here and then Micah went to the store and bought everything.

Since today is President's Day, I did not have school.  I took care of Adia and made the following items to freeze: fruit salad, turkey burgers, lasagna, meat loaf, and spaghetti meat for sauce.  Micah's mom had already made taco soup, a chicken casserole dish, and beef stew for us to freeze as well.  That way, I won't have to worry about cooking for a while after Isla comes.  When I had Adia, this was extremely helpful.  I'm so excited to have all of this made and ready for us to bake/cook and eat.  After doing all of that, I washed all the dishes and got Adia down for her nap.

Adia seems to be doing much better today than she was the past few days.  She still has a very runny nose, but she doesn't seem like she's in as much pain.  A couple of nights ago, she woke up after only being asleep for about an hour.  This is not like her at all.  I picked her up and she was hurting so bad, she was just scratching her face/ears and scratching at my chest and screaming.  I had already given her pain medication and her antibiotic.  There was really nothing else I could do.  It was just pitiful.  I got a cold wash cloth and stroked her face with it while she laid in her crib.  Within a few minutes, she was back to sleep.

Only a few weeks left until Isla is in my arms instead of in my belly.  Honestly, I can't wait to meet her.  I'm so anxious that I can hardly stand it.  I want to see what she looks like, kiss her sweet face, and sing to her while she's all swaddled up in my arms.  I want Micah to be able to experience her and love on her and I know he'll be able to do that more once he's able to see her and hold her.  Now that her things are ready and I have all of these meals ready, I feel like we are ready.  I want to keep her in my belly for at least a couple more weeks.  After that, I will just be anxiously anticipating her arrival.  :)  Happy nesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment