Monday, February 27, 2012

Sick Day

Well, a sick and napping baby means a day off work for Mommy.  This morning, I was all dressed and ready for work, had the car ready with the sippy cup in Adia's cup holder and little goldfish crackers to keep her satisfied until we would arrive at the sitter's.  The plans took a drastic change when I walked into Adia's room and smelled the most terrible smell.  I turned the light on and there she was...  laying face down with her little butt in the air and covered in vomit.  :(  It was evvvvvverryyyyyyywherrrrrre.  Micah had already left, so it was too late for me to ask him if he could stay home with her.  I called my principal, called my team teacher, and called in a sub.  My little throw up baby sat up with her hair, ears, face, and just basically her entire body covered in the stuff and said, "Hiiiii."  She raised up her arms for me to pick her up.  I've never wanted to hold her so bad and not hold her at all in the same moment.  I picked her up and took her to the bathroom.  I got her clothes off of her, put water in the tub, and quickly put her in.  I washed her body at least 2-3 times and I washed her hair 3 times.  After I bathed her, I let the water out and let her just sit and play in the tub on her sponge while I took care of all of the sheets, her Snoopy, and her clothes.  I washed down the mattress, sprayed Lysol, the works.  I got her all dryed off, lotioned, and dressed and she just stood there with her arms around my neck and her head on my shoulder.  We must have sat like that for a good ten minutes on the bathroom floor just holding each other.  In that moment, I remember what it felt like to be little and to be sick and to want nothing more than my mommy to hold me.  Now, I'm the mommy, and though I hate it when Adia is sick, I love it that she finds comfort in my love and embrace.  Adia has been drinking Pedialyte like a champ today and hasn't fussed over wanting to eat at all.  She usually walks straight to her highchair when she is hungry and cries until I put her in it.  She hasn't done that at all today, so I know her tummy is really bothering her.  This afternoon, she didn't throw up, but she had diarrhea.  :(  I just hate it when she's sick.  Please pray for my sweet sweet girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment