Progress: I had my 36 week checkup this week and I was surprised to find out that I am already 2 cm dilated. I know this is not a huge deal, but with both of the girls, I never dilated at all until I was in labor. I completely expected to go to the doctor and for her to say, "Your cervix is still closed." Instead, she said, "Well, you are 2 cm dilated and I can feel his head." No clue as to when he will actually come, but she (and I) seems to think that he will be here before his due date for sure. I'm hoping for either a Super Bowl baby, or a for Feb. 7th or 8th. The 7th is my great grandfather's birthday and he was just a really wonderful man. The 8th is Micah's birthday, and I think it would be fun if the 2 men in our house shared a birthday. He is due on the 12th, so we will see. :)
Pictures of me at 36 weeks with Adia, Isla, and Ike:
|1. Adia 2. Isla 3. Ike|
Things I've done to prepare:
1. Ike's nursery is pretty much complete. I did another blog post for that. Here's that post: http://wilcoxbabytuna.blogspot.com/2015/01/ikes-little-man-room-nursery.html
2. My hospital bag is packed and in the van! I made a short little blog post to show what's inside for any moms who might be expecting a baby and were curious about how to pack a bag. His diaper bag is also ready and I discussed that in the same post. You can read about those things here: http://wilcoxbabytuna.blogspot.com/2015/01/hospital-bag-and-diaper-bag-prep-for.html
3. The car seat is in the van and ready to go.
4. I made each of the girls a "Big Sister Kit." I want them to feel included and special on the day Ike is born. More about that in this blog post: http://wilcoxbabytuna.blogspot.com/2015/01/big-sisterbig-brother-kits.html
5. I made a Target registry, even though I did not have a big shower and this is my 3rd child. The reason I did this is because Target sends you a coupon book and 15% discount card for any items off your registry that you can use 6 weeks before the baby's due date. I went a few days ago and got a few last minute items and got 15% off of all of them! Plus, I have several more cards that are 15% off of my registry that "friends or family" can use, so we can still use those too. They don't expire until 6 months after he arrives and I can keeping adding stuff to that registry! Such a good deal!
I also wrote a post about things I never knew I needed with my first baby that I am now prepared for with my third. To read more about what I stocked up on that I didn't know to stock up on the first time, click here: http://wilcoxbabytuna.blogspot.com/2015/01/items-i-didnt-know-i-would-need-before.html